Monday 5 August 2013

Sunset in Machakos county, Kenya.                                                                               photo/M.W Mahugu
  When i captured this amazing moment, i was on the balcony of a place i'd rather have not been. The rooms were shabby, the service was worse and there was a pungent smell coming from somewhere.
  The day had been slightly cold, with clouds looming and the sun peeking for a few seconds only to disappear again in the clouds.
  I could not think of anything good about that place or that moment and then suddenly
a stray sun shone at my feet.I looked up and lo and behold, there was the most fantastic sunset i have ever seen. the leaves of a palm tree danced in the foreground, transmitter masts stood mightly and the birds flew about.
  I was captivated and immediately begun to see the place through a different light. I felt blessed to be a witness of this moment, lucky to have Kenya as my motherland and very grateful for each moment.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful dear, we all need to look for the beauty in everything in order to appreciate what we have and who we are

Mahugu said...

Thank you Val, truly appreciate it

Unknown said...

I feel like i was there, thanks to your artistic and poetic description of the scenery..beautiful